If you use the Time Matters link to Microsoft Office (TMSave, TMOpen, TMInsider), please read carefully.
On July 16, 2009, LexisNexis warned Time Matters 9.0 customers who use the plug-in for Microsoft Word that they must reactivate the Verisign Trusted Publisher certification by July 23, 2009 in order to continue using the plug-in functions. These functions include TMSave, TMOpen and TMInsider. Presumably, these functions will stop working at midnight July 23 unless corrective action is taken.
LexisNexis has provided instructions for reactivating the certification. LexisNexis emailed these instructions to all Time Matters customer and they can also be found at the bottom of this post. However, recognizing that some customers may find the these instructions complicated, Bruce Dubin from Krause Practice Management (KPM) and IP Associates has written an executable file that will automatically perform the update. The executable will save you a few minutes at each workstation and , for most users, will be easier than the instructions posted by LexisNexis.
All current clients of KPM may request this executable free of charge by emailing Jeff Krause or the KPM support email address. If you are not a KPM customer, we are making this executable available for a nominal charge of $50.00. Simply email jeff-at-krausepm.com to request it (please replace the -at- with @). I will send you a PayPal request for payment and a download link shortly thereafter.
One way or another, please make sure you take some action right away if you use any of functions linking Time Matters to Word and the other Office applications.
For those of you wishing to use or view the LexisNexis instructions, here they are:
1) Close Time Matters and all MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
2) Download (link available from LexisNexis) the document template file named TMWORD.zip
3) Save this file to your local Time Matters program directory
– By default this is: C:TMW9 or C:TMW9E for Time Matters 9.0 professional and enterprise versions respectively
4) Open Time Matters
5) Go to the File Menu-Setup-General-Workstation Level Setup
6) Click the ‘Word Processor Setup’ button
7) Confirm your version of Word is selected and click OK