AutoText for Frequent Email Repeat Responses
We discovered a great outlook tip on lawtechnologytoday.org that we wanted to share with you. We all have responses that we constantly have to retype, or we spend ten minutes looking for a similar email that we drafted recently to another person. Instead of wasting this time, create an AutoText entry in Outlook to automate the response!
- Find the “model text” that you want to use as the AutoText entry. Copy it into your Windows clipboard (select and hit CTRL-C).
- Draft a new email and paste it into the body of the new email. Format it and clean it up. I suggest removing any client names to make it generic.
- Select the text and then select Insert > Quick Parts > AutoText > Save Selection to AutoText to AutoText Gallery.
- Give it a name (nickname) with at least 4 characters.
- To use the AutoText entry, simply place your cursor in the body of the email (in the desired location), and then type the first 4 characters of the AutoText name. You will see a pop-up preview of your entry. If you want to insert it, simply hit your Enter key. Another way to insert it is to select Insert > Quick Parts > AutoText > and then select the AutoText entry from the preview gallery.