Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts
Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts can help make experience much more enjoyable and productive. Here are a few of the more popular keyboard shortcuts.
- Press the Windows key + Print screen to create a screen shot, which is automatically saved into your My Pictures folder.
- Press the Windows key + D opens the Windows Desktop.
- Press the Windows key + . to pin and unpin Windows apps on the side of the screen.
- Press the Windows key to open the Start screen or switch to the Desktop (if open)..
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings, which is the same Settings found in Charms.
- Press and hold the Windows key + Tab to show open apps.
- Press the Windows key + X to open the power user menu, which gives you access to many of the features most power users would want (ex. Device Manager).