Creating a contact with Clio
When first using Clio, you have the option to add two different types of Contacts: Person Contacts and Company Contacts. Here is how you can manually create a Contact in Clio:
- Click on the “Contacts” tab in Clio.
- Depending on whether you want to set up a company or an individual, click on “New Company” or “New Person,” respectively. If you choose “New Person,” you can associate an individual with a company – either by searching for companies in the “Company” field already in Clio, or by creating one in the “Company” field in addition to the linked individual.
- The only requirement field is the name of the individual or company.
- The following fields are optional: Company, Title of position in company, Custom fields (only users with administrative permissions can create), Email addresses, Phone numbers, Websites, Instant messengers, Physical addresses and LEDES Client IDs.
- In the “Contact Billing” field, you can select the Payment Profile to choose the payment terms you want directed to the client, and the Client Billing Rates if the client requires a different billing rate compared to that of a default one.
- Click on “Save New Person” or “Save New Company” when you are finished with entering your information.
- You have now created a Contact Card in Clio, and can go back to make any necessary changes by clicking on the “Edit” button in the “Contacts” tab.
Clio, Clio Contact, Clio Tips, Clio Tricks